Our Mission is to serve businesses and individuals in finding affordable insurance coverage, securing timely proposals, and providing excellence in customer service.
We succeed when you’re covered, but we don’t stop there!
Established in 2020 by a second-generation agency owner, Sterling Select has partnered with national and regional carriers which provides access to a wide selection of insurance products to be tailored to your own needs by licensed and insured professionals. Sterling Select works with industry leaders such as Kansas Association of Insurance Agents (KAIA), The Big I, Trusted Choice, and other resources to add value to your partnership with our agency.
Barry Sterling created Sterling Select Insurance Agency after beginning in the industry at Allen & Purcell Insurance Agency in 2004. After a long-term hiatus and exposure to other professions, he returned to the family agency in 2016. Working with his mother before, who had been an agent for over 30 years, he experienced the way agencies worked and sought to create his own. Adhering to high standards and expectations, everyday his goals are to be transparent and fair in all dealings, create long-term relationships, and have fun along the way while engaging in continuous improvement.
THE INDEPENDENT DIFFERENCE:
· We have the capacity to offer stand-alone policies which generally offer more protection based on the broader language of the policy to address complex and diverse needs. – Policy language can vary from carrier to carrier, yet, many products can offer the same level of protection. Stand alone policies (e.g., umbrella, renters, or other recreation vehicles) help address the gaps in coverage left in your auto and home policies.
· With multiple standard and non-standard carrier options, we make the companies compete over YOUR business! – Our vast selection of carriers means we sort through all the noise of advertising to identify who REALLY wants your business. We ALWAYS offer the top three companies to your that are competitive for your business. However, we can offer more or specific carriers based on your preferences.
· Keep all of your valuables protected in one location. – On occasion, carriers change rates, coverages, and underwriting guidelines to maintain their competitiveness in the market. Sometimes, when this happens, a company can select to “non-renew” your policy. Instead of having to shop around, and put your information back out on the internet, we can always take a look at other carriers who WILL accept the business.
THE LOCAL DIFFERENCE:
· We will be the same people you speak with over and over! – Going local means you have the opportunity to have a continuity in communication and personalized service.
· We offer more flexibility over carrier protocols. – We implement digital tools to have a live in-person meeting via Google Hangouts and Zoom.
· Buying from a local agency means we are more familiar with the local risk profile that carriers evaluate as a part of underwriting.
· Purchasing from a small provider means more savings! – Without excessive operating costs, means our rates and surcharges are zero!*
*Many times, commercial surplus lines products will include a brokers fee. We will seek to waive this additional fee where and when able.
THE STERLING DIFFERENCE:
· We commit to excellence in acceptance. – We work diligently to find the best home for your business, no matter how big or small! (No agency minimums)
· We commit to excelling in your expectations. – The more we know, the more we can deliver to you! And don’t forget feedback here! (Leave us a Google review here!)
· We commit to make our organization serve the public good. – We believe there can be no higher calling than to serve others!
Start an auto quote here! - Start a home quote here! - Start a life quote here! - Start a commercial quote here!
Have questions? Need a licensed professional? Make an appointment to speak with one today!